My work has also involved a return to the dual role of crafting wherein I have worked to redefine textiles as a medium of art and not just something of utility as a garment or house-hold linen. I have been teaching design students for the past two decades but in my endeavour to create awareness among the general public of all these facets of textiles and especially embroidery, I now conduct workshops for all ages and skill levels, including children. I am always amazed at the dynamics that unfold when children and adults work together and this time too, it was fabulous to see adults with no prior art background eschewing all inhibitions and working like the children around them. They responded in very interesting ways to the ideas and material that they were exposed to, which is always very satisfying to note.
I have also conducted art classes for children aged 5 – 12 years of age, teaching them the basis of drawing along with embroidery, papier mache, painting, paper sculpting and imaginative drawing etc.…Read more
• Colour Theory.
• Drawing Skills.
• Hand painting techniques.
• Principles of Colour and Design.
• Lectures and talks on issues relating to Design.
• History of Traditional Printed and Painted Fabrics.
• Textile processing techniques and fabric identification.
• Jury member for admission tests, interviews and student projects.
• Surface Ornamentation